How To Make Christmas Cards
Christmas is soon approaching and it excites us to think about our preparations for the upcoming holiday season. We delight in sharing gifts to our loved ones and getting together with our family expecting lot of fun times ahead. Handmade gifts are always a pleasure in gifting for its personal nature and love that goes into making it for your close ones. Let’s learn how to make your own simple and elegant Christmas greeting cards.
This project will teach you how to make simple but elegant handmade Christmas greeting cards that your loved ones are sure to cherish.
How to make Christmas cards – supplies:
- Card base of your choice- A5 size (826 inches x 8.267 inches) scored in the middle at 4.1 inches- I have used Dark Pink in my project
- 2 Black card Paper Layers- 5.3 inches x 3.7 inches & 3.11 x 2.5 inches
- 2 Ivory White Layers- 5.2 inches x 0.98 inches & 2.91 inches x 2.5 inches
- 2 Patterned Paper Layers matching the card base- 5.2 inches x 2.5 inches & 1.6 inches x 1.8 inches
- 1 Colored Layer matching the patterned paper- I have used Red paper layer measuring approx 1.8 inches x 2 inches
- Any matching or contrast color ribbon- I have used pink satin ribbon
- Stickles & Glitters
- Black Ink Pen
- Dimensional tape/ Mounting tape
- All purpose
Optional for the Sentiment:
- Merry Christmas Stamp from Memory box and
- Black Archival Ink pad
Note: You could use any Christmas stamps of your choice or you could even hand write the sentiment to give it a personal feel.
Here is how to make Christmas cards:
- First, let’s start with the black card paper layer measuring 3 inches x 3.7 inches to make the background of your card- Take the ivory white layer measuring 5.1 inches x 0.98 inches and paste it to the black layer as shown in the picture below. Take your patterned paper measuring 5.2 inches x 2.5 inches and paste it as shown in the picture.
- Next, make to a panel for our focus image- take the black layer measuring 3.11 x 2.5 inches and paste your ivory layer measuring 2.91 inches x 2.5 inches on it, leaving equal distance on either side of the black layer
- Let’s work on our focus image now. Wrap a ribbon to the patterned paper, measuring 1.8 inches x 1.6 inches to form a cross and secure it with a tape behind the paper. Now layer this on the top of the red layer measuring 2 inches x 1.8 inches. Make a bow of the same ribbon and stick it on the top of your panel- this will make it look like a Christmas gift. Paste this on the top of your black and ivory panel using dimensional/mounting tape and use your stickles and other embellishments to decorate your gift.
- Paste the finished panel you just made on the center of the patterned paper as shown in the picture below. If you are using a stamped sentiment, ink your stamp and stamp it vertically over the ivory layer as shown. If you aren’t using any stamps, you could even write your Christmas Sentiment on this layer – that would give it a more personal feel to your card. Decorate your Sentiment with stickles and glitter as you like. You could even use your black ink pen and give a stitched look on both of the ivory layers on the card- this will give it more elegance
The final step is to paste your work on the red card base layering it on the center, leaving equal gaps on each side. And your card is ready!!
You could try using different colored card bases and matching patterned papers & ribbons, & focal image of your choice to make many more cards of your choice.
Hope you have been inspired by this tutorial about how to make Christmas Cards. Happy Gifting!!!