Feather Earrings Tutorial
Few years back, feather earrings were at the top of accessories lists. Girls (including myself :-)) were going crazy searching for feather earrings. I was seriously obsessed with peacock feather as their color inspired me so much. I was dying to get a pair of peacock feather earrings. Then I decided to make them myself when I realized it was super easy.
Here is an easy tutorial to make your own peacock feather earrings. I am excited to share this tutorial so that you can make your feature earrings if you like. You can get the earring material from a hardware shop or online jewellery supplies. I bought a dozen of peacock feathers from a wholesale shop a while back. You can also use other feathers. Trim the feathers to the length and shape you want, and put them on with a fancy hobo braid or beach waves. The shuttle beads are optional you can just use loops and earring tussles. Ready, now let’s look into the details.
Feather Earrings Supplies:
- Peacock feathers (of equal measurement, or other feathers of your choice)
- Earring tussles
- Shuttle beads optional
Step By Step Feather Earrings Tutorial:
- Cut the feather half an inch above the broader area.
- Make sure they are equal in size.
- Pass the feather through the shuttle bead.
- Pass the loop following the shuttle bead.
- Fold the excess part of the feather and fix it with glue.
- For neat touch take a thin feather from the stem and wrap it on the wet glue.
- Trim off any fly away.
- When dry pass the tussles.
- Hold earrings equally and trim of the length if required
Aren’t the earrings looking gorgeous?
Disclaimer: We are big supporter of no animals were harmed!